Interior

Exterior

Performance

Family

Cost

Read Less

by Tracy on July 22, 2019

Awesome car
"The cargo space in this little car is unbelievable . You fold the back seats up and you can load a lot of stuff. I brought a full size recliner home with room to spare."
Interior

Comfortable seats and great visibility.
Exterior

I love the black trim that helps prevent car door dings.
Performance

Considering its engine size it has a lot of zip.
Family

Vinyl flooring is easy clean up.
Cost

Gas mileage is reasonable and maintenance is low key.

Read Less

by AgentK on July 21, 2019

Weren't For The Doors
"I really like the Element. It may appear small from the outside, but it has plenty of space inside. When the rear seats are folded, it provides a large cargo area. I can haul tables, desks, washer and dryer with ease. Its compact size makes it easy to get in and out of tight spots. But if it weren't for the doors, I would have given 4.5 stars. The doors do not open conveniently at all when people in the back need to get out. Hopefully Honda can upgrade do something if the Element is rebooted."
Interior

The cargo area is really great.
Exterior

It has a very unique design.
Performance

It does not have enough horsepower, and the gas tank is small. The driving distance us limited to 300 miles on a full tank.
Family

It only has 4 seats.
Cost

Typical maintenance is all you need.

Read Less

by Currant owner on February 12, 2019

Best
"Great dependable vehicle. Half the miles than most models like this one. Needs two new tires. New brakes, pads and rotors all the way around."
Interior

Great condition
Exterior

Very nice for an 05 model.
Performance

Great and very responsive
Family

Fold up rear seats, lots of cargo room.
Cost

Better than new MPG, 3 owner, gently used.

Read Less

by Christine on November 19, 2016

Does not get good gas milage
"Bought this for my son when he turned 16. Miles per gallon said online that it got 22-25. This is not correct. I would say it gets 14-16. He loves the car but is disappointed in the mileage. The seat fold up on the side that gives extra room to transport large objects. Has tons of miles on it but still goes good. Quiet engine. And I think he can hose most of it down in the back. Heard there was a plug to let water drain out but havent looked for it yet. "
Interior

Roomy
Exterior

Love the copper color.
Performance

Not kick in it. 4cylinder is slow
Family

Is if there is only 4 in your family.
Cost

Uses a lot of gas

Read Less

by on June 5, 2015

"This car is great mechanically but has a couple known problems that honda should fix on a recall but won't. First is the under dash lights that illuminate the instrument cluster at night,many of these stop working and it's not a cheap or easy fix.Second is very expensive and a very common problem,the a/c compressor and clutch assembly donot work and need to be replaced.A vehicle as well built as a honda should not have such problems after only ten years.Both of these problems are discussed on Honda forums in great detail.So read up before you buy one.There is obviuosly a reason Honda stopped building these...this could be two of them."

Read Less

by JEFF on May 14, 2015

"I want a used car under 7K that I could use to haul things, that got good gas mileage and that had a tight turning radius. That wish list led me to the Element."

by RFIET on December 3, 2014

"This vehicle is awesome. So practical and reliable."

CARFAX Info for 2005 Honda Element

CARFAX offers millions of used cars for sale nationwide. Every listing includes the vehicle history. The data below is updated daily, based on used car inventory for sale on CARFAX.
2005 Honda Element Deals on CARFAX
Percentage of 2005 Honda Element for sale on CARFAX that are Great, Good, and Fair Value deals. Values are determined by whether the selling price is above, below, or the same as the history-based CARFAX Value.
Great Value
(7)
Good Value
(6)
Fair Value
(6)
No Badge
(18)
VEHICLE HISTORY SUMMARY
The Vehicle History Summary represents the percentage of cars available for sale on CARFAX that are reported to have no accidents or damage, had 1-owner, been used as a personal or personal lease car, and/or have service history information.
No Accidents or Damage Reports

62%

CARFAX 1-Owner

24%

Personal Use

89%

Service History

100%

2005 Honda Element Pricing

The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is the "sticker price" for this vehicle, including optional equipment, when it was new. The price range for the 2005 Honda Element is $4,290 - $8,888. The average selling price is $6,143. The data below is updated daily, based on used car inventory for sale on CARFAX. Price range and average selling price are based on the median selling price while CARFAX Value is a VIN-specific value based on the vehicle's history.

Original MSRP
$17,965 - $21,440
Price Range
This is the price range for the 2005 Honda Element based on used car inventory for sale on CARFAX.
$4,290 - $8,888
Average Selling Price
$6,143
CARFAX Value
This is the range of CARFAX Values for the 2005 Honda Element on used car inventory for sale on CARFAX.
$3,860 - $8,190
Want to check your car's history-based value?
2005 Honda Element Pricing By Trim
  1. TrimPrice RangeAverage Selling PriceCARFAX Value
  2. LX$3,999 - $7,491$5,786$4,540 - $7,710
  3. EX$4,290 - $8,888$6,167$3,860 - $8,190

Similar to 2005 Honda Element

Research Other Cars

Choose a Make
  • Acura
  • Alfa Romeo
  • AM General
  • Aston Martin
  • Audi